Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday - Hine

Most of you are probably already familiar with the amazingly talented Hine. She makes awesome stop-motion videos for They Might Be Giants, illustrates, sews, and is an all-around super awesome crafter. I adore her little needle-felted vignettes, like this one:

2804397326_eb6fa28fa7_o
© Hine.

I've admired Hine's work for quite some time, but her prices are just a little out of my league. Until now! This summer, Schmancy Toys in Seattle has been releasing exclusive, limited runs on plush by great artists. The latest release was Hine, and the price was so good I had to snap one up. My little banana slug arrived today:

IMG_3331

I've named him Edgar, and every time I look at him he makes me giggle a little.

If you're not familiar with Hine's work, you should be! Check out her Flickr, her Etsy shop, her blog (in Japanese), and her stop-motion animations.



No comments: