Hello, May! I'm happy to report that the energy and creativity I was feeling in April is so far continuing into this month. I just wish I had more hours each week to devote to crafting!
Let's see how all my extra creative juices translated into accomplishing business goals last month:
- Make and ship at least 6 items to Kooky by mid-month. Status: Complete.
I actually sent 10 items (below), one of which has already sold. Yay!
- Finish raffle donation for fellow FAE teamer's Susan G. Komen 3 Day walk fundraiser. Status: Complete.
There's still time to get your raffle ticket! Please visit the link above to participate. You could win my Wings of Hope owlet, among many other fantastic artworks.
- Complete my first Plush Team challenge (due April 11). Status: Complete.
I decided to submit my kelpie. He sure had some stiff competition! Check out all the entrants and the fabulous winner over at the Plush Team blog.
- Share my first print interview with all of you. Status: Complete.
In case you missed it, I was honored to be interviewed for the April issue of Get Creative Magazine.
- Add at least 2 new items to the Etsy shop. Status: Complete.
I even exceeded my goal by 300 percent! Yay!
- Clean my craft room! Status: Incomplete.
Are you surprised? When will I ever get this done? I'm a bit embarrassed by how long this item has been on my list, but apparently not embarrassed enough to actually cross this item off. . . .
Total Accomplished: 5 /6. Not bad! Not bad at all. I think this is my second-best month ever.
So, what will May look like?
- Send at least 6 items for Plush Team's Maker Faire booth (due May 15).
The Plush Team has a booth at the Bay Area Maker Faire this year. I am sadly unable to attend, but any member can send as much stuff as they want to sell during the event. I have high hopes for my little guys! If you live near San Mateo, I highly encourage you to attend!
- Complete 2 custom orders: a mini blue cotton candy yeti and a red owl (yes, this is yours, Yates!).
- List at least 2 new items in the Etsy shop.
- Make another dragon.
These guys are time consuming! But I really enjoy making them, and I have lots of fun color combinations planned.
- Make a fun variation on my bigfoot that a conversation with the FAE Team inspired.
One of the many great things about belonging to Etsy street teams is the conversations with like-minded artists. So many great ideas have been flowing lately thanks to these conversations, and I'm really excited about the latest inspiration.
- Aaaaand, of course, the perennial clean-my-freaking-craft-room-already goal. I know, I know, you're not holding your breath.
A very happy and productive month to you all!