Sunday, July 5, 2009

July Goals

6a00d8341caca853ef01156eda6494970c-pi
(image: Modish Biz Tips)

I am pretty excited about this month. I am finally putting some fun goals on the list, and I can't wait to get started on them. For July, I hope to accomplish the following:


  1. Complete and turn in application for this year's No Coast Craft-o-Rama (deadline: August 1). I have done this amazing and super fun show for the past three years, so there's no way I won't cross this one off the list!

  2. Host a giveaway on the blog. I haven't had a giveaway since last fall, so I'm due again. Since summer is such a slow time for plush artists, this will be an easy and fun way to drive some traffic to the blog and get my name out to some new customers. I already know what I'm going to give away; I just have to think of a fun contest!

  3. Work out pattern design for two new plushies. This is the goal I'm most excited about. I've had so many ideas bouncing around in my head for ages, but they keep getting pushed to the back burner so I can focus on the drier aspects of business. But it's summer, things are slow, and I'm starting to feel good about my current inventory. So I'm going to finally tackle at least two of the plush designs in my head.

  4. Submit some plush for consideration in the next issue of Stuffed: A Gathering of Softies (deadline: August 15). The second issue of this new magazine just hit newsstands and features quite a few of my favorite plush artists. Since this is the only magazine dedicated entirely to softies, it has great marketing potential for plush makers.

  5. And last, but not least, my ever-present goal of sitting down with an accountant/tax advisor. This shouldn't be so hard! Mostly, I just tend to be lazy when it comes to the side of business I find most boring. Someone just might need to light a fire under me for this to get done. . . .


Good luck to everyone this month!



7 comments:

Melanie said...

I totally wish there was a craft show like that in my area. Sounds fabulous! Have fun with your goals!

Cyn said...

I'm glad you're so excited to get started on your goals - a great way to get them done. Now get excited about that accountant! :)
Good luck this month, Jessica.

Perideau Designs said...

Good luck with your goals! They sound very doable and that's great you have found a marketing venture that will work.
xo
Bridgett

Lisa said...

Good luck with all your July goals! Hope to see you in "Stuffed."

Sherisa of L'élephant Rose said...

Good luck to you hun in achieving your goals!! I am pretty sure you can do it, I see no reason why not! :)
Can't wait to read your update on being published in Stuffed! :)

Laura. said...

man! i keep forgetting that the no-coast application is due so early. i want to apply (and wanted to last year), but that deadline just sneaks up on me! i guess it's time to really get working (who knows, now that i will be unemployed, i will have no excuse. . . ). these look like great goals! have you talked to the peeps at fox tax? they are great. . . .

Liz said...

Totally great goals! Love your voice/attitude/AND plushies!