Thursday, April 29, 2010

Etsy Finds - FAE Team

One of the wonderful Etsy Street Teams I belong to is Fantasy Artists of Etsy (FAE). Here is just a small slice of the magical creations the talented members of this team create.




Etsy finds 4-29-10
From left to right, top to bottom:




  1. West of Moon Print by Darkling Woods. I think this print perfectly conveys the mood of the fairy tale "East of the Sun, West of the Moon," and it reminds me a bit of Kay Nielsen's 1914 illustrations for the tale. If you're not familiar with the tale, it's a Norwegian fairy tale reminiscent of "Beauty and the Beast" or even the tale of "Eros and Psyche."

  2. Hand-sculpted OOAK Lady Magpie Art Doll by Nenufar Blanco. All of Rosa's dolls are truly stunning, and the level of detail is exquisite (especially once you realize that most of her dolls can fit in the palm of your hand!). I wish I read Spanish better so I could learn more on her blog.

  3. Steampunk Cufflinks by Earthfire Studios. These cufflinks are made from vintage watches. I would love to own more cufflinks, but I can never find women's French cuff shirts. Anyone know a good supplier so I have an excuse to buy these?

  4. Iridescent Fairy Wings by Jennivive's. These wings are so pretty! I dressed up as a fairy five or six years ago for Halloween, and I made my own wings with the help of a friend. They were nice wings, but nothing like I had imagined, which was closer to this shape. One day I'd like to dress as a fairy again, and do it up right with the help of my fellow FAE teamers.

  5. Neo-Gothic Gorget Necklace by Spendid Fish. This necklace is stunning, and gorgets have a really interesting history. You should click the link and read for yourself the practical use something so pretty used to serve.

  6. Pavor Nocturnus Illustration by Kevin King/The Haunted Studio Under the Stairs. For those who don't know Latin, the title translates as "night terror." I love the colors and the addition of bats, which I think are supremely awesome. The lady almost reminds me of certain depictions of Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

  7. Lil' Phoenix Leather Mask by Up From the Ashes. I've never been to a masquerade ball (I don't think I've ever even known anyone who throws balls, much less masquerade ones), and I never realized what a shame that was until I saw the designs in this shop. Perhaps I'll have to design a Halloween costume around one of these masks someday.

  8. Gourd Art Sculpture - Colorful Dragon by Anika's Art. Who knew a gourd could be made into something so cool? I once worked at a place that hosted an annual gourd contest. The entries were often very clever ("Gourd of the Rings," Flash Gourdon," etc.), but none were ever this colorful or something I'd want to display on a shelf (sorry, former coworkers).

  9. The Squirrel's Nest Fairy House by Enchanted Gardens. I had a really hard time deciding which fairy house to include in this post—they're all so freaking adorable! Why are tiny things so heartbreakingly cute? And why do I feel the need to collect them?

  10. Dashing Mulberry Lace and Satin Jacket by Night Lily Design. Oh, to be able to sew such beautiful costume pieces. Or to have a place to which to wear such costumes. . . .

  11. Kitsune Print by Vireo. I adore the colors in this print and, of course, the subject matter. I've had a slight fox obsession building over the last year. Probably because I have a kistune plush design in my head that wants out.

  12. Gold Green Dragon Costume Horns by Elfling Creations. When I see fun fantasy headwear like this, it always makes me wish I attended sci fi and fantasy conventions, just so I would have an excuse to dress up in fun costumes. There aren't enough Halloweens left in my life to wear all of the costumes I'd like. Will someone I know please start hosting masquerade balls?!




4 comments:

Meri Greenleaf said...

I LOVE the things the FAE team comes up with- everything is always so awesomely unique and creative. Pay no attention to me over here, drooling over these fun things. ;)
Thanks for including my horns! :D

Julie said...

Love to see FAEsters pimpin' the team!!! You've made me want everything featured.

Jessica said...

Glad I inspired you both! Our team is so freaking talented, it was hard to narrow down my choices! There will definitely be a Part 2 in the near future. :)

Faerie♥Kat said...

What a fantastic post -- now I know three more of our team mates and more about the other nine! Good on you, Plushie -- mwah!