Wednesday, December 2, 2009

November Goal Recap and December Goals

IMG_4109
I don't know about you, but November flew by for me! My month kind of got derailed by my acceptance into the No Coast Craft-o-Rama; this will be my fourth year at this awesome event! So let's see how I did on last month's goals:


  1. Finish and ship my pieces for the Go Ask Alice show. Status: Complete.
    I wasn't entirely happy with my Queen of Hearts piece, but I loved my Tweedles. I'd never made anything remotely human before, and I'm kind of excited to try it again!

  2. Send out at least 2 more inquiry emails to retail stores/art
    gallery boutiques. (If any of you know of an awesome store/gallery in
    your city that I should contact, please let me know!) Status: Complete.
    No response from either yet, but at least I'm getting my contact info out there. I identified a few more boutiques I can send inquiries to after the holidays as well.

  3. Finish organizing my fabric shelves, take pictures of the craft room, and blog about the process. Status: incomplete.
    In fact, I'll likely have to start all over again later this month as I've been sewing like a madwoman and have made my craft room pretty messy again. Ah well. At least I'm creating!

    Total Accomplished: 2 / 3. Not bad! 


Last month I also managed to make 26 plushies (that's got to be a record for me!), create price tags for my No Coast items, create other signage for my booth, buy a new booth display, and open a merchant account that will enable me to accept credit cards at my booth. 

IMG_4107
I'm feeling really overwhelmed about December at the moment because No Coast is only 2 days away and I still have so much to do, so I'm once again keeping my goals simple.


  1. Kick butt at No Coast. Specifically, I hope to sell at least half of my inventory, and make some new connections with sponsors/vendors I haven't chatted up in past years.

  2. Complete all my custom Christmas orders. I received 6 custom order requests before November was even over, so I don't think I'll be accepting any more Christmas customs at No Coast this year.

  3. Clean up my craft room again, organize shelves, take pictures, and blog it.

  4. Send out at least 2 more inquiry emails to retail stores/art
    gallery boutiques. (If any of you know of an awesome store/gallery in
    your city that I should contact, please let me know!)



1 comment:

aileen said...

That's amazing you made 26 plushies in one month! You are a sewing fiend! Good luck in december.