Saturday, August 1, 2009

August Goals

6a00d8341caca853ef01156eda6494970c-pi
(image: Modish Biz Tips)

I want to keep up the great creating momentum I had in July, so most of my goals this month will center around just being creative and actually DOING.


  1. Work out pattern design for one new plushie. This might be ambitious because I'll be starting from scratch, unlike the two I made in July, which were based on previous designs of mine. But if I can at least get a good start, I'll be happy.

  2. Sew, sew, sew. More concretely, make at least 6 new plushies.

  3. Make a list of what needs to be done to gear up for the show/holiday season. It seems like almost cheating to have a goal to make a list of goals, but there's so much to be done before my big selling season of the year. I don't want to get caught off-guard when the rush finally hits again, so making a list of everything that needs doing will be crucial to my success. And sanity!

  4. Spruce up the ol' shop. This week I caught the tail end of Etsy's Virtual Lab about turning browsers into buyers (if you missed it, read the notes). Daniellexo presented lots of great, easy-to-do tips that I can implement with little effort. First up: retake photos to replace some lackluster ones.


And I think I'll leave it at that. It may well be a tad more than I can actually accomplish, but again, I'm counting on some momentum to carry me through.

Here's to a happy, productive August, everyone!



12 comments:

Cyn said...

Your goals sound great, Jessica. And thanks for the notes link to Etsy. I can use that information :) Good luck this month!

Laura. said...

woo! i like how you tracked your status of goals for july. i have thoughts about giveaways also--it IS hard to know whether or not more giveaways are better, huh? (i kind of want to do a giveaway a month for the first six months of my shop--is that awesome or over the top? it's hard to know). i say go for two. sorry that turned out to be all about me. i'm impressed with your not procrastinating. and thanks for the link to the etsy info! i think your goal of a list of goals is good. . . i'm going to stop now. good luck!

Melanie said...

Creating from scratch! Sounds like fun! I'm itching to get to some of that myself. Good luck!

SillyLittleLady said...

Wonderful goals! I didn't catch the virtual lab (I never do, it seems) but thanks for providing the link to the notes, I will read that when I'm through with the blogs ;)
Just wanted to give you some encouragement, I'm sure you'll do great! Your plushies are amazing btw :)

Anna said...

I'm with you on making a list waaaay ahead of time for the holiday season to-do's. I think that definitely counts! :) I rather do it in steps than feel that scramble that sometimes happens when September suddenly rolls into December, eek. Oh, and I love your giraffe plushie.

Lisa said...

It sounds like you're super busy during the holiday season, so making a list is a great (and necessary) idea and a more than worthy goal. Good luck with everything in August!

Sam said...

Those are some good goals! I can't wait to see your new plushies... I'm sure they'll be cute!

Liz said...

Great list Jessica, and thanks for the note about the virtual labs thing, I am going to go check it out. And 6 new plushies! Awesome... am now turning off the internet so I can get some painting and designing done with NO distractions : )

Deb said...

Great list, its so helpful to have everything organized before a big rush!! Good luck for August! :)

modish said...

Good luck with all your August goals! As you said, re-taking photos is a great way to help spruce up your shop, any shop. I'd def. try to get to that one to prep for the fall. Have fun!

Jessica said...

Thank you kindly, everyone, for your support and encouragement. It really means a lot!

Laura Bucci Handmade said...

I totally agree with you that you need to work on a list to get ready for the holiday season. Better done now. I'm trying to be ahead of things too! Good luck!