Monday, July 12, 2010

In Absentia

The last few months have been crazy busy, and so many good things have been happening that I've sadly had little time for creature creating. I know you've all been wondering just what I've been up to, so how about a little photo journey?


29909_408044048872_581298872_4263051_387196_nHanging with the gals. If you do not know the awesome wonder of the Pedal Pub, I suggest you remedy that right quick.


IMG_5312My sister Gabrielle graduated high school (with honors)! I can't believe how fast the years flew by, and I'm so proud of and excited for her.


IMG_5404Okay, there's been some time for creature creating. These bright yetis are the mascots for a new social media company. When the site goes live, I'll share links!


IMG_5393What could it be? An all-new creature in the works for one of the Plush You shows. I can't decide if it'll be for LA or Seattle. . . .


Picture 3Shopping for "grooms maid" dresses—my brother Matthew is getting married this fall! (This isn't the dress we chose.)


IMG_5343IMG_5352IMG_5366Shows. Lots and lots of shows. I haven't been to this many in short succession since my early college days, and I'm having so much fun. Since May, we've seen Mumford & Sons (top), Dawes (middle) with Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros (bottom), Megafaun with Breathe Owl Breathe (hands down the best show of the year so far), and the Avett Brothers.


IMG_5415And last but certainly not least, I'm engaged! Jon and I finally decided to get hitched, and are planning a January wedding (cue Avett Brothers). Isn't the ring gorgeous?!


I also transitioned into a new role at the day job (no picture for that!), which is exciting but also a big challenge.


And of course, the usual everyday stuff, like walking the dogs, tending the garden, reading good books, etc. I even finally cleaned up the craft room (gasp!), so stay tuned for a post about that later this week.



2 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats congrats congrats! Big couple of months for you! :)

Jessica said...

Thanks, Amy! :)