Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Schmancy Olympic Challenge is Complete!

IMG_4920

Kristen assigned me the bobsleigh/bobsled category for the Schmancy Olympic Challenge, and I knew right away that I wanted to turn one of my yetis into the bobsled. I also knew that I wanted him to look like he had just been commandeered by a rider and coaxed down the hill, rather than looking more like an actual bobsled with yeti features.

IMG_4911
Since the challenge is judged on a photo submission rather than the physical plush, my original concept was to set a whole scene. I wanted to make two bobsled teams; one the yeti, the other a traditional bobsled. I wanted the photo to include both bobsleds going down a big hill, with the yeti sled in the lead. The softie in the traditional bobsled would be looking over at the yeti sled with a terrible look of dismay, like "how on Earth is the nontraditional sled beating me?!" 

IMG_4931
Alas, life and my own tendency to procrastinate got in my way and I was only able to complete the yeti sled. But I still think he and his Eskimo rider are pretty cute! Stay tuned to the Plush You blog over the next few days as Kristen posts all the entries and the judging begins!



2 comments:

Claire said...

Ha! Oh, he is awesome! "The Unwilling Bobsled" - very nice work! I love the hoodie on the Eskimo rider, too.

Jessica said...

Thanks so much, Claire! Good idea for the title too.
I wished I had had some of that fur edging they sell by the ribbons in the craft store to line the girl's hood, but I didn't want to break my productivity by running out for it. And she's cute anyway, so. . . .