Friday, February 12, 2010

Goings On

I thought I'd write a quickie little post about some cool happenings as of late, to help me get back into the swing of blogging. I seem to work in fits and starts, and I'd like to keep a more regular schedule.

First, some neat recent purchases:

IMG_4737
The label on my new(ish) winter coat says Schlampp's Minneapolis. I had been looking for ages for a cute, vintage-style blue coat with absolutely no luck. On a lark just after Thanksgiving, I stepped into Rewind Vintage and there it was. And only $44, too!

The hairclip is from local artist Kelly Hanson Handmade. Those who know me know my obsession with hair accessories, particularly flowers and feathers. This one is especially awesome because it has both.

My mittens were custom made by Sinikka at For My Darling. I sent her a picture of my coat and asked her to make me coordinating mittens. I couldn't be more thrilled with the result!

The messenger bag is from the ever talented Nate Van Hofwegen of Nate's Custom Sewing. I've admired his amazing vinyl work for quite some time, and since my regular bag finally gave out right before No Coast, I decided there was no better time to invest in one of Nate's bags. Most messenger bags are too large for my petite frame, so I asked him to make a smaller one for me, fill the inside with tons of pockets, and put a koi on the outside. I LOVE the end result. The bag is so sturdy and durable, yet not too heavy. And it's waterproof, which has been awesome for my morning trudge to work through the snow.

IMG_4454
IMG_4455

If you're local, you may have noticed some familiar critters in Crafty Planet's
winter window display. The lovely Adrienne used my yetis as inspiration
for the window. I think she did a great job; the display is fun,
whimsical, and very seasonally appropriate! And I'd say that even if my
yetis weren't in the window.

Last but not least, remember the infant skirts I made this fall? They were for this lovely little lady, and I just couldn't resist showing off how adorable she looks in one.

IMG_4689

I'm a busy bee this weekend, slaving away on a bunch of horses and a few custom orders, which I hope to post pictures of on Monday. In the meantime, wishing you all a happy, productive weekend!



No comments: