Thursday, October 1, 2009

October Goals and September Goal Status

6a00d8341caca853ef01156eda6494970c-pi
(image: Modish Biz Tips)



September was a good month! I accomplished darn near everything on my list for the first time ever. Let's recap:




  1. Make a "Y" for the Plush You sign Status: Complete.
    See picture on my Flickr. I will miss going to Seattle this year to hang out with all the awesome plush people, but I hope to go again next year.

  2. Make at least 6 plushies, 2 of which (minimum) will be Halloween-related for the Etsy shop. Status: Half done.
    I managed 3 out of 6, but all 3 were Halloween related. I have a 4th half-done. . . .

  3. Start researching new booth designs for No Coast. Status: complete.
    I have a good idea about what I want to do. The bad news? I was wait-listed this year. I do understand the space limitations, the need to keep things fresh and give new vendors a chance to shine, so I'm trying to stay upbeat. But I can't help but fell more than a little bummed about this. I've done
    this show for the past three years in a row, and it is so much fun. I
    love networking with the other vendors, hobnobbing with customers, and
    being part of the best yearly event in our local community. I'm keeping my fingers and my toes crossed that I can still participate!

  4. Clean my craft room. Status: complete.
    This is a huge weight lifted off my back! I pulled every last thing out of the closet and reevaluated. I was a bit shocked by how much I had been holding onto that just didn't matter. But it felt so good to purge! I sent two large boxes to Goodwill, recycled four large (no, seriously large; like, two year's worth of back issues on four different magazines plus other miscellany large) boxes full of paper goods, and hauled three large garbage bags to the dump. Whew! Felt sooooo good. I want to share pictures with everyone soon, but before I do, there's one last thing I want to check off my to-do list.


Which brings me to October's goals:




  1. Organize my fabric shelves. Refold all pieces, and arrange by color. Recycle or toss what can't or won't be used.
    1B. When done, photograph my room in pristine condition and share online.

  2. Make more plushies! Even though I'm not guaranteed a No Coast slot, even though Etsy sales have slumped, now is not the time to sit on my laurels! Specifically, make at least 6 plushies.

  3. Approach two new shops about carrying my work. Since I most likely don't need to save my inventory for a big show this year, I feel comfortable selling some of it to retail stores.

  4. Complete at least half of my pieces for the Go Ask Alice show (due November 20).


And that's it!





9 comments:

Laura. said...

wow, you did a really great job on september and your october goals look totally doable. yeah. the waiting list puts us in a weird spot. humph.

deb said...

wow, great job! its amazing how much stuff builds up! good luck in october :)

Liz said...

Great job in September, you are totally inspiring me! Hope October is wonderful for you!

Melanie said...

That closet organizing job sounds like a doozy! Great job. Hopefully the momentum carries over to October!

Cyn said...

Hope you make it into No Coast. It sounds like a great place to show. And I can't wait to see your CLEAN workspace. Nice work!

Jena said...

Good job with Sept and good luck with Oct! Approaching shops can be kinda scary- I hope it goes well. And have fun making more plushie goodness!

Candied Fabrics said...

Sorry to hear about the waitlist...hope that works out for you! As to having a clean space to work...it's awesome! And I can attest to how inspiring stacks of neatly folded fabric is, it truly clears the brain! Here's my pimped out space (not nearly as clean now!)
http://candiedfabrics.wordpress.com/2008/12/30/finished-ready-for-creating/
Have fun!

Jessica aka redpanda said...

Good luck with your October goals! I cleaned my craft area recently, too, and I totally know what you mean about feeling like a weight was lifted, lol!

Kiley said...

I'm in the midst of folding and re-folding, and am feeling so guilty about the "toss" pile that's building in my studio. But now I don't feel so guilty. Congrats on a successful September and keeping my fingers crossed for No Coast.