Friday, May 1, 2009

The Waiting Game

I did it. I just submitted three pieces for consideration to the Mortal Plush show in DC this summer. The theme of the show is plush that convey emotion. You saw bigfoot yesterday, exhibiting ennui. I also submitted two sea monsters.

This one with the jaunty little top hat is excited:

Plushroomsoup_excited

While this meanie is displaying fury:

Plushroomsoup_fury

I cut it very close to the deadline (today) like my typical
procrastinating self. This time, it wasn't because I was sewing up
until the final possible moment, it was the weather. Seriously! Because I
haven't yet built myself a little light tent, I have to rely on the sun
for nice photos, or haul my creatures into my day job to use the photo
studio there. Can you guess what's going to be at the top of the list for my May goals (which I'll be blogging about later this weekend)?

Anyway, I really hope I get accepted to the show. Keep your fingers crossed for me!



No comments: