Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blue

I have been invited to participate in this lovely event:

Blue Postcard back

This is my first Minneapolis gallery exhibit, and I'm super excited! I'll have three pieces in the show: Ishamel (the sea creature that was in the Plush You show in Seattle), a kelpie, and this guy:

Blue dragon

Blue dragon mean

I tweaked the pattern slightly from the previous dragon I made. I wanted this dragon to be less cute and cuddly, so I gave him long fingers over a wire armature and made his face slightly longer and more angular. He's made of buttersuede with cotton scales, polyester ears and wings, and hand-painted acrylic safety eyes. His wings are also wired, and his arms and legs are jointed with plastic safety joints.

I'll be attending the opening reception on February 6; please stop in and say hi!



No comments: