Saturday, April 3, 2010

April Goals

Goal image_smallHappy Spring! So, yeah, I kind of didn't post any goals last month, and I only accomplished one of February's goals. Whoops! But I'm taking a cue from Mother Nature and declaring a fresh start!



April is only a few days in, but I'm already feeling really good about my business this month and all the opportunities in store. Taxes are done (no refund—boo!), I've already had three shop sales (that might be a springtime record for me), I have a new retail partner, I'm officially a member of the Plush Team Etsy street team (double yay!), and I'm feeling very creative and ready to tackle anything.

So, what else do I hope to accomplish this month?


  1. Make and ship at least 6 items to Kooky by mid-month.
    Plushroom Soup is branching out again! My newest retail partner is Kooky, on Chicago's bustling Michigan Avenue.

  2. Finish raffle donation for fellow FAE teamer's Susan G. Komen 3 Day walk fundraiser.

  3. Complete my first Plush Team challenge (due April 11).
    The Plush Team hosts monthly themed challenges. This month's theme is world mythology, which is right up my alley! I'm working on a dragon. If I don't finish her in time, I suppose I could always submit my kelpie or chimera (or even a yeti), which are already in the shop.

  4. Share my first print interview with all of you.
    My first ever magazine interview comes out this month! It's not a US magazine, so I'm still trying to get my hands on a copy so that I can not only see it for myself, but share it with all of you!

  5. Add at least 2 new items to the Etsy shop.

  6. Clean my craft room!
    No better time than spring for a thorough cleaning, right? 


Whew! I've got a lot to do this month, so I better get crackin'!







3 comments:

Liz said...

Yay for Spring and Yay for your April goals Jessica... looking forward to seeing you dragon (because you Will finish her on time)... seriously, have a wonderful April!

gaia Cornwall•Illustration said...

Congrats on the interview-- so exciting!
Have a great April!

Vee Patel said...

That picture of your monster holding the 'Monthly Goals' sign is soo cute! You should be proud that you accomplished your Feb. goals. I know a lot of people who get discouraged once they don't meet their goals at the time they said they would accomplish. But you're right, here's to a fresh new start! Good luck on all your April goals!!! `=D