Monday, March 29, 2010

Etsy Finds - Reds and Greens

It's been quite a while since I've done an Etsy Finds. As I was browsing through my favorites this weekend (Etsy window shopping is such a guilty pleasure), I noticed a slight color theme emerging: everything tended to be vibrant red/orange or cool green, or a combination of both. Could it be that the freshness of spring is seeping into my subconscious, even though I tend to rate the season among my least favorites (I know, I'm a weirdo!)?



Etsy finds 3-29-10
From left to right, top to bottom:

  1. Early 1940s Style Wool Military Uniform from Jitterbuggin.
    I think the 40s are my favorite fashion era. I love the silhouettes and the classic simplicity. This jumper would be so cute to wear to the office. You could go all-out and pair it with peep-toe heels and a sailor blouse, or you could modernize it with a turtleneck and saddle shoes. I think it'd even be cute with a simple tee and plain canvas sneakers for spring and fall.

  2. Celtic Trinity Knot Pendant from Camias. I already own more jewelry than I can ever wear, but this pendant is so pretty! I love the design and think this would be lovely with a deep v-neck sweater or a simple blouse.

  3. Bamboo and Koi Fish Vase from ShebboDesign. You've probably noticed that I love koi. And since flowers will be blooming any day and I swear I have a vase-stealing ghost in my house, I might just have to cave and buy this beauty. Wouldn't it look lovely with a bouquet of tulips?

  4. Red Deer from The Night Jar. I've mentioned before that I don't need more wall art. And I can't afford more wall art either, but boy do I covet this piece.

  5. The Alice in Wonderland Hat Painting the Roses Red from Chatham Girl. How much fun is this hat? I can't even begin to afford it (or the other amazing designs in Chatham Girl's shop) and have nowhere to wear it, and wouldn't look half as good in it as the lovely model, but I'm deeply in love with it nonetheless.

  6. Breakfast at Treehouse from Kristiana Parn. Japanese-influenced art gets me every time. Kristiana's playful prints remind me of Ukiyo-e, my all-time favorite type of art.

  7. Titania's Spring Green Statement Necklace from Joliette. Isn't this gorgeous? I'm not enough of a fashionista to know just how to wear such a statement piece, but with the right outfit, this would be stunning.

  8. Bone Daddy from Cart Before the Horse. Jon and I have a small collection of Dia de los Muertos art (we especially love nichos), and this guy would be a nice addition.

  9. Felted Red Velvet Cupcake Pincushion from Made in Lowell. Liz makes so many amazing pieces of art, but I think I like her cupcake pincushions the best. Oddly enough, I've never actually owned a pincushion. Considering how often the cat spills my open pin container all over the floor, I should really purchase one already.

  10. Orange Fairy Tale from Unicorns 'n Dragons. This sculpture has great movement (and is fully poseable!). You get the sense that the dragon will take to the air at any second. And the details are amazing. I love the way the artist combined fabric and clay—something I've always wanted to do but for which I lack the skill and knowledge.

  11. Hello Sailor Organic Babydoll Dress from Ella Phante Creations. This looks both vintage and modern at the same time, which I think is fantastic. And since it's made from cotton/bamboo jersey, it'd be soooo comfortable and would probably instantly become a go-to dress.

  12. Grey Bat Plushie from Atmos Blue. This plushie has so many wonderful details. The fabric combination, stitches, buttons, ribbons. . . . Plus, it's hangable!



3 comments:

Liz (madeinlowell) said...

Hey look at that! I love your list and as a bonus, I'm on it! You are a sweetie :)
Thanks!
Liz

everyeskimo said...

the cupcake pincushion is my favorite! i don't have a pincushion either... odd, no?

Jessica said...

I must admit, I did such a good job of convincing myself I need a pincushion that I already snapped up that red cupcake beauty. Can't wait to get it! My cat will undoubtedly still knock it off my sewing table, but at least I won't have to scramble to pick up the pins anymore!