Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June Goal Status

IMG_3226

Whoa, where did June go? I'm astounded by how quickly the month has passed; it was a whirlwind! As usual, before I post my current monthly goals, let's see how I did last month.


  1. Sit down with an accountant/tax advisor and talk about best practices. Solicit advice about accounting software. Status: incomplete.
    Again. Why can't I motivate myself to do this? I know it's important (some would even say it's what separates hobbyists from true business owners), but oh how I hate this stuff. How many times will I recycle this goal before it gets done? Someone kick me in the pants already!

  2. Make 6 pieces of inventory; 3 for the Etsy shop, and 3 to start a
    stockpile of readily available inventory. Status: partially complete.
    I fully finished 4 pieces (you can see some of them in progress in the picture above). One is already in the shop. The other 3 need to be photographed, 2 of which will go into the shop. The other 2 pieces are so close to done, but I ran out of the right kind of safety eyes. D'oh! I will likely embroider their eyes instead, while I place and wait for an order of eyes. And, lest you think I was a total slacker this month, I did complete lots of other things; they just weren't for Plushroom Soup. I made 2 baby shower gifts this month as well, and started a third.

  3. Start new weekly feature on blog. I admit that this is a bit of a
    cheater goal, as it's already done! It's all about small victories,
    though, right? Status: complete.
    Every Thursday, I've been blogging about things I'm thankful for, things I find inspiring, or artists I love. I'm proud of myself for posting faithfully every week so far. My writing isn't as strong as I'd like it to be, but it helps to get into the practice.

    Total accomplished: 1.75 / 3.


Getting a tad better, right? Also, this wasn't a goal last month, but I did find out that I got accepted for the show I applied for in May, so I'm counting that as an additional success.

Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, but I've got a good feeling about July!



3 comments:

Angie said...

It was a lightning fast month. wow. I'm having trouble motivating to address accounting and "dry" business issues. I need a kick in the pants as well. I look forward to hearing more about your successes. Best of luck in July!

Deb said...

Nice round-up. I too feel the same about the tax accountant situation... its oh so important, but doesn't seem very glamorous or exciting to set up... its recycled for July on my list :( Keep at it and I'm sure it'll get done! Good luck in July!!

glitterysah said...

Ooh, love the colour coding! Well done for June and best of luck for July! Love your froggies as well by the way, uber cute :) Enjoy the summer, glitterysah x