Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday - Welcome Home

As a general rule, homecomings are great. "There's no place like home" and all that. But this week I had a particularly fantastic welcome home after my trip to Ohio to visit my dad.


First, a nice note and a lovely impatiens plant from my sweetie graced the kitchen counter.


IMG_3183

A package with my booty from Girl Savage's contest awaited me on the mail pile. Look at the cute little jackalope Feltidermy mirror! I'll have to save my pennies a bit longer for an actual Feltidermy, but this little mirror is super fun.


Photo 1

In my inbox, I had an email from Mortal Plush, letting me know I'd been accepted for the exhibit in July! I am so honored to be included with so many super talented plush artists. I wish I could make it out to DC for the show! Here's what I'll be sending:


 Mortal_trio

Outside, my wee veggie garden had doubled in size, new flowers were blooming in the front beds, and my alpine strawberries offered up their first fruit of the season.


IMG_3184

And today, I won yet another contest! Samaria Project decided to give away the adorable owl keychain below, and I won! If you haven't perused her adorable Etsy shop yet, you should definitely check it out.


Owlkeychain


I've had such a lovely, lucky week, maybe I should enter the lottery!



1 comment:

larissa said...

hey, I have to wait til I get home to log into my flickr acct, so I thought I'd come here and tell you how cute your Baby Binky Bunny turned out (purple!) It is so pretty all the same shades. I love seeing what colors everybody chooses. And thanks for the kind words and links under the photos. I'm glad you enjoyed it.