Sunday, April 5, 2009

Setting Goals

I've been daydreaming a lot lately about all the cool things I want to do with Plushroom Soup, but feeling disgruntled by how the day job and other life consistently gets in the way. My creativity has been soaring and I have so many ideas, but never enough hours in the day. But I may have found a partial solution: the brilliant Jena from Modish and Modish Biz Tips fame has started a Monthly Goal Meetup for small business owners to share their goals and encourage each other. This couldn't have come at a better time! Maybe if I set small, realistic monthly goals for myself instead of always jumping into things feet first, I can begin to accomplish everything that I want to do.

6a00d8341caca853ef01156eda6494970c-pi
(image: Modish Biz Tips)

So, here are my goals for April:


  1. Research galleries and shops that may want to carry my plushies and reach out to at least 3 of them.

  2. Research online ad venues.

  3. Purchase accounting software and begin to use (I'm actually embarrassed that I haven't done this yet).

  4. Purchase color printer/scanner. Suggestions, anyone?

  5. Make at least two pieces to submit for consideration to the Mortal Plush exhibit.

  6. Make at least two pieces to submit for consideration to the Lock, Coif, & Barrel show.



Whew—I better get crackin'!



5 comments:

Penny said...

Great goals!

Lindsay said...

I love how you set goals for yourself and post them! What a great way to hold yourself accountable :) I should try this.
Lindsay(SkylarkDawn)

Lucie said...

I also have "ad research" as one of my goals, good luck! Also, I have two HP printers and I like them a lot- the Photosmart D7360 and the C4480 which has a scanner too. I highly recommend them both!

Andrea said...

Great goals and I love the name of your business!
Good Luck!
Andrea

Jessica Puckett said...

Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement, everyone! I'm making pretty good progress so far. My two Mortal Plush pieces are almost done (sneak peek at http://www.plushroomsoup.com/plushroom_soup/2009/04/new-frogs.html) and I just bought the printer today--a Brother MFC-6490cw. I'm super excited about it, because it can print and scan 11x17!
Onward! :)