Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Pet Stegosaurus

The Plush Team did a Russian Christmas plush swap this year, and I was lucky enough to receive a super awesome stegosaurus from Mary of ArtTales/LeftZ!


Stinson (as I'm calling him) instantly made friends with one of my cotton candy yetis.


Yeti befriends Stinson


Each one of Mary's unique creations is eco-friendly. She repurposes thrift-store finds for their bodies, stuffs them with recycled plastic bags (you'd have no idea if she didn't tell you! They're stuffed really firmly and are super cuddly.), and their "good" eye is made from layerd vintage buttons.


"Good eye?! What does that mean?" you might exclaim. Stinson isn't shy, he'll show you:


yeti and stinson


Hee hee! I love the wounded eye. It gives Stinson so much character.


Thanks again, Mary, for my wonderful stegosaurus! He will be cherised!


 



3 comments:

Jessica Rae said...

That steggie is ADORABLE, no lie. Kids (boys and girls) could love him. And so could awesome adult-y girls. Shhh. :D

Miami eye doctors said...

When I see your work and all these stuffed things , I remember about Muppet's show, it was my favorite TV show in my childhood, and now after many years I still enjoy it, so funny and entertaining.

elliptical reviews said...

No offense, but if there's a facebook like button, it'll be much easier for me to share.