Wednesday, February 10, 2010

February Goals and January Recap



Goal image_small Okay, so I seem to be having some trouble posting my goals within the first week of each month. Perhaps I should make that a standing goal for the rest of the year!



Let's recap January:


  1. Turn in answers to interview questions. Status: Complete.
    Sorry, still don't want to spill the beans on this one yet. Only a few more months to wait!

  2. Update the Etsy shop with at least 2 new items. More would be ideal. Status: Super complete!
    I actually listed 14 new items in January. I went on a frog and owl making binge, and managed to list most of them in the shop. Yay me!

  3. Make 3 examples of my best work to submit to the MN Textile Center. Status: Abandoned/replaced.
    I fully intended to do this this year, but as the deadline drew closer, it just didn't feel right. The Textile Center is a great place, but I don't think my stuff is quite right for their shop, and I'm trying to improve my "targeting," so to speak. So, instead, I sent off two more retail shop inquiries.

  4. Clean up my craft room! I'm not even going to commit to the
    blogging part for this month. Just getting it clean will be a big
    enough accomplishment. Status: Incomplete.
    Again. It's close, still, but not close enough for showing off.

    Total Accomplished: 3 / 4 (yes, I am totally counting my replaced goal).


IMG_4715
Here's what I hope to accomplish in February:

  1. Submit a plushie for the Foot in the Door exhibit at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts.
    Every ten years, the MIA opens its doors to all Minnesota artists. The only rule is that your piece must measure less than one cubic foot. I submitted the zombie yeti you see above.

  2. Sketch out two new critter designs and post on blog.

  3. Fulfill I Like You's request for more horses, frogs, and squirrels. Specifically, make at least 2 of each.

  4. Complete at least 50% of my submission for the Schmancy Olympic Challenge (due March 16).


What about cleaning my craft room? I do hope to accomplish this goal soon, but I hesitate to add this for February as I've already got quite a full plate.

I wish everyone lots of luck this short(ish) month!






4 comments:

Cyn said...

I can't wait to hear about your interview... sounds mysteriously good. And cleaning your craft room is at least on your list! Such a necessity for being productive, but I always find something I think is more pressing.
Here's to a clean-up & productive February!

Cyn said...

I meant cleaned-up!

Chrissy P. said...

I am so glad I met you from Twitter today!! This is a great post, I've made some 2010 resolutions, but I love the idea of making monthly (attainable) goals. I'm a To-Do List freak, and I think I will try this for March!!!
(sorry just subscribed to your blog & noticed I'm about a week late on this comment....)

Kristen said...

I have a hard time posting my goals at the beginning of the month. I need to work that too. March may help since the 1st is a Monday. Good luck on your submission the zombie is too cool!