Sunday, May 3, 2009

May Goals

6a00d8341caca853ef01156eda6494970c-pi
(image: Modish Biz Tips)

My goals this month are going to be simpler and less ambitious than my April goals were. I am finally going to heed all the signs that I can't always rush feet first into everything, no matter how badly I may want to do so. Also, I have more personal obligations this month, so I'll have less than time than usual to focus on business things. So, without further ado, my May goals are:


  1. Build a light tent/portable studio. If I do only one thing this month, it needs to be this. I absolutely can not continue relying on nice weather to get great product photos. Especially in Minnesota!

  2. Sit down with an accountant/tax advisor and talk about best practices. Solicit advice about accounting software.

  3. Make 6 pieces of inventory; 3 for the Etsy shop, and 3 to start a stockpile of readily available inventory. Once I feel comfortable with my on-hand inventory, I can begin approaching shops and galleries (per my April goal) about carrying my stuff.


That's it. Three simple goals for May. Plus one ghost goal: I'm still trying to get my hands on my episode of HGTV's  That's Clever! So please, dear readers, if any of you happen to have a copy of the April 20 episode (#502), let me know! :)



6 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi,
Great goals! The weather thing is an issue here in Newfoundland too. We are famous for our changing seasons (in one day) and our fog...Although the fog would be great for your scarier creations!
I've linked you in my goals this month.
Good luck!
Andrea
CrowNology

Melanie said...

One perk to living in the hot hot Phoenix area is our constant light. Still figuring out the best way to utilize this for my photos, but I never have to worry about the weather when I have new items to list. Great goals and good luck!

Rachel said...

These are awesome goals, especially meet with an accountant. That's a huge step and should count as at least three goals, I would think. =) Good luck with your list!

Melanie said...

I've used QuickBooks for quite a while in my various "real" jobs over the years so I'm pretty familiar with it at this point. But, it is a great tool. Probably more than what I need right now, but I'm hoping to grow into it! I know there's a free online version (PC only) if you want to give it a try before committing.

Alex said...

You did better than I in April!
I sympathize re. the weather (rainy pacific northwest here). I built my own lightbox and it was quite easy and worked well!

Jessica Puckett said...

Thanks for the weather sympathy and goal encouragement, everyone! So nice to meet all of you too and check out your great blogs.